In a last minute effort to create something delicious and nothorribly unhealthy for the Superbowl last week, I found a lightened-up version of Spinach and Artichoke dip…with bacon. Yes, bacon. Yum.
This recipe was delicious and was a hit at the party probably because most didn’t even know that it was low fat (my kind of party food). It was also super easy, so watch out, you may be finding yourself making this on a regular basis.
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 c. (about 2 1/2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 5 center-cut bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
Preheat oven to 350°.
Arrange baguette slices in a single layer on 2 large baking sheets, and coat bread with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.
Place mayonnaise, garlic, 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, and fat-free cream cheese in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended and creamy. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, bacon, artichoke hearts, and spinach. Spread mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Serve with toasted baguette slices.