As promised, here’s another grilled pizza recipe…I will never get sick of these. Ever. I think pizza crust is a blank canvas with seriously endless possibilities for any meal. That being said, this one’s kind of different and might freak some out, but trust me, it was awesome! The flavor combination was like no other pizza I’ve ever had but was so reminiscent of the Thai flavors I crave.
Again, Branden said it was so imporant to be prepared here. And another note, control the spicy factor in this dish with more or less Sriracha.
- 1/2 c. peanut butter, ideally natural (we used Jif Natural Creamy)
- 2 TBS Sriracha sauce
- 6 TBS unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 prepared pizza dough, homemade or refrigerated (again, we like Pillsbury’s for on the grill)
- 1 1/2 c. sliced or shredded chicken (we grilled ours first)
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into matchsticks
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly on an angle
- 1 c. grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c. fresh bean sprouts
- 12 fresh mint leaves, cut into ribbons
- 2 TBS dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, Sriracha, coconut milk, and salt. Reserve for topping.
- Preheatthe grill, roll out and shape the dough, and grill the first side of the crust until golden. Flip the crust.
- Spread the entire surface with the peanut butter sauce. Top with the chicken, mango, and scallions. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Finish grilling until the bottom of the crust is golden and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the grill, sprinkle with the bean sprouts, mint, and nuts, and season with sale. Slice and serve immediately with the lime wedges.
Adapted from Pizza on the Grill by Elizabeth Karmel & Bob Blumer